Spain visa

There are a number of formalities you may need to complete before arriving in Spain. One of these procedures is applying for a visa. Spain visa allows entry to Spain and stay there for a certain number of days. It usually comes in the form of a sticker, affixed to the passport. The type of visa you apply for determines the activities you can undertake during your stay in Spain. To get a visa to Spain you will have to meet some criteria, complete some formalities and most likely pay a fee.


Schengen visa for Spain

Depending on the purpose of your trip to Spain, you can apply for one of the following main Spain short-term stay visas:

  1. Spain transit visa Spain. This visa allows you to transit through Spain to reach your destination country outside of Schengen. There are two types of Spanish transit visas:
    • Airport Transit. You can apply for this visa if you need to transit through an airport in Spain to change flights to your destination.
    • Transit of sailors. You must apply for this visa if you are a sailor and need to disembark at a Spanish port to board a ship to a non-Schengen country.
  2. Visa to travel and visit Spain. If you are planning to go to Spain to visit, visit, relax and visit relatives and friends living in Spain.
  3. Spain Business Visa. If you need to travel to Spain to engage in business activities, you must apply for a Spanish business visa.
  4. Visa for medical treatment in Spain. The visa is for applicants who want to receive medical treatment in Spain.
  5. Visa Spain for dependents from EEA/EU. If you are a dependent (spouse or child under 18 years of age) of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you must apply for this visa.
  6. Visa Spain is for people lacking a residence permit. If you lose your Spanish residence permit while abroad, you must apply for this visa to return.
  7. Spain Study or training visa. If you have been accepted into a training or study program lasting less than 3 months in Spain, you must apply for a study or training visa in Spain.
  8. Spain Visa is for diplomatic passport holders. If you have a diplomatic passport issued by your country, you can apply for this visa.

Long-term visa for Spain

With a long-term visa for Spain, you can enter the country and stay there for a period longer than three months, as indicated on your visa sticker. Depending on the long-term visa you obtain, you may be allowed to work or study in Spain. The most common Spain visa types for long-term stays are:

  1. Spain Student Visa. If you want to do a course lasting more than three months, you will need to apply for a student visa to Spain.
  2. Work visa in Spain. All qualified people who want to work in Spain must apply for this visa.
  3. Spain Family Visa This visa is a visa that allows non-EU family members of Spanish citizens or residents to join them in Spain. This visa is issued for family reunification purposes and applicants must meet certain conditions and provide documentation to qualify.
  4. Au Pair Visa Spain. You can apply for this visa if you work for a family in Spain, under certain conditions.
  5. Golden Visa Spain. This is a residency by investment program through which you can settle in Spain if you invest a certain amount of money in real estate.
  6. Business Visa in Spain. This type of visa is for businessmen who want to invest in Spain.
  7. Spain Working Holiday Visa. You can apply for this visa if you want to go to Spain to do a summer job.
  8. Non-Lucrative Residence Visa. If you wish to immigrate in Spain and you have sufficient income to support yourself and your dependents you may apply for a Non-lucrative residence visa. Upon arrival in Spain, you can then apply for a residence permit for two years.

Types of Visas for Spain

Depending on the length of your stay in Spain, there are two main types of Spain visa:

  1. Spain Schengen Visa.
    The Schengen visa for Spain is a short-term visa for Spain, allowing the visa holder to enter and stay in Spain for up to 90 days within a 180-day period. If you come to Spain for the purpose of applying for a Schengen visa and you are a citizen of the 62 countries that apply the Schengen visa regime, you do not need to apply for a Schengen visa for Spain. Note that if you have been refused entry into the Schengen territory without a visa, even if you are a citizen of one of these countries, you will need a Schengen visa to be able to enter Spain Dental.
  2. Long-term visa for Spain.
    Stay in Spain for a period longer than three months. Depending on the type of long-term visa you apply for, you may also be allowed to work in Spain. Only citizens of the following countries are exempt from applying for these visas:
    • member states of the European Union.
    • Norway
    • Iceland
    • Liechtenstein
    • Switzerland

Add Your Heading Text Here

How to Apply for an Spain Visa?

  1. Begin by clicking on the “Login” button, which can be found in the menu on the right side of the screen.
  2. If you haven’t registered yet, please register yourself first. After registering, proceed to log in to the panel.
  3. Once you are logged in, navigate to the menu on the left side of the panel.
  4. Select the “Visa Application Form” option from the menu.
  5. Fill out this form with the required information.
  6. Finally, submit the completed form.

Quick facts about Spain

Officially known as the Kingdom, Spain is a territory in mainland Europe located on the Iberian Peninsula. It is the only European country that has a physical border with an African country. It also has two archipelagos: the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa and the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean Sea.

It has an area of ​​505,990 km2 and a population of 46,733,038 people. Spain is the second largest country in the European Union, while Spanish is the second most spoken native language in the world.

The country has more than 8,000 kilometers of beaches, and 44 UNESCO heritage sites. Its most known cities are: its capital city Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville, Bilbao, etc.

Some of its top tourist attractions are Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia and Gaudi Sites, the Great Mosque of Cordoba, the Prado and Paseo del Artes in Madrid, and the Alhambra fortress in Granada.

When is the Best Time to Apply for a Spanish Visa?

Since Spain is a member state of the Schengen area, the country applies Schengen visa regulations to travelers wishing to enter its territory. So, when applying for a Spain visa, make sure to apply within the given deadline: Earliest: Six months before your expected departure date to Spain.

Latest: Two weeks before your intended date of travel to Spain: Recommended: at least three weeks before your trip, to avoid any possible delays on the embassy’s part.

Where Can I Apply for a Spain Visa?

Spain has a very strict visa application and processing system. Therefore, visa submission is regulated by Spain in all countries around the world. So, depending on your country of residence, you may need to apply for a visa to:

  1. Spanish Consulate.
  2. A visa application center such as TLS Contact, VFS Global or BLS International, with which Spain has subcontracted the visa application in your country of residence.

Spain Visa Fees

You will have to pay certain Spain visa fees in order for the Spanish authorities to process your Schengen application. Depending on your age, the fees for a Schengen visa to Spain are as follows:

  1. Adult applicants must pay €80
  2. Applicants between 6 and 12 years old must pay €40
  3. Applicants under 6 age is exempt from payment.

processing fee In addition, citizens of certain countries and certain other groups depending on the applicant are exempted from paying the fee.

After completing all these steps, you need to wait for the visa processing.

How Long Can I Stay in Spain with a Schengen Visa?

Your maximum stay is 90 days within a six-month period. Note that the Spanish Consulate decides how long you are allowed to stay in Spain and throughout the Schengen territory. If you receive a multiple-entry visa valid for more than 90 days, you should pay attention to the 90/180 rule when calculating the number of days you can legally stay in Spain.

When you receive your visa, check the following information on the visa sticker:

  1. Length of stay: Number of days you can stay together in Spain and the Schengen territory.
  2. Valid from – valid until: visa validity date and expiration date. You must use the number of stays within these dates.

Visa for Lost or Stolen Spanish Resident Card

The Schengen visa for lost or stolen Spanish residence card is for people who have lost their Spanish residence card while outside Spain. They need a return visa to be able to re-enter Spain and apply for another residence card. They will also need to provide the following documents:

  1. Proof of travel back to Spain.
  2. Disclaimer duly signed.

Visa Guide




Click the Contacts below to chat on WhatsApp

× How can I help you?