Temporary Residency for Serbia | TR for Serbia
If an alien intends to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days he should apply for a temporary residence. The residence permit will be granted for a period from 90 days to a year that depends on each individual case. When applying for temporary residence permit they must provide a travel document that is in validity and the following proof that:
• They have enough means to sustain themselves,
• They have a health insurance that is in validity,
• The aim of the temporary residence is justified.
Reasons which make the aim of the residence permit justified and because of which temporary residence can be issued are exhaustively listed by the Law. Those are either:
• Employment or leading business and other professional activities,
• Studying or doing residency, scientific work, research, internship, participation in programs of international exchange,
• Family joining,
• Other justified reasons in pursuance of the Law and international contracts.
An alien, issued temporary residence out of above mentioned reasons has to stay in Serbia in pursuance of the purpose for which the residence permit was issued. Approval of temporary residence is noticeable in the passport. An alien can permit a demand if he wants to prolong the temporary residence for less than 31 days before the temporary residence permit expire. Temporary residence ends after the expiry date, if the residence permit has been revoked or if the country maintains alien’s protection or deportation measures.
Citizenship for Serbia:
Acquiring of citizenship by origin
Citizenship of Serbia upon origin is obtained under various conditions, by child if a parent is a Serbian national at the moment of the child’s birth.
You must make sure to report in proper time the child’s birth to the appropriate diplomatic or consular mission of Serbia so that its name may be entered in the register of Serbian citizens.
If your parents were Serbian nationals at the time of your birth, if you are under 23, and in case, as a child, you were left without citizenship and were not registered, you must apply to that effect with the appropriate diplomatic or consular mission of Serbia.
Acquiring of citizenship by admission
1) If you are an alien and you have permanent residence in Serbia, you may obtain citizenship of Serbia if you justify the following requirements:
• That you have turned 18 and have not been debarred of business capacity,
• That you have been released from an alien citizenship or that you have submitted evidence that you will be released from it, if admitted to citizenship of Serbia,
• That you had registered permanent residence in the territory of Serbia for not less than 3 years continuously before presenting the application,
• That you present a signed statement that you consider the Serbia to be your country.
2) If you are an alien married for not less than 3 years to a Serbian national and who has been issued permanent residence in Serbia, you may be admitted to citizenship of Serbia if you present a signed statement that you consider Serbia to be your country.
3) If you are an emigrant from Serbia or a progeny thereof you may be admitted to Serbian citizenship if you have turned 18 and have not been removed of business capacity and in case you submit a signed statement that you consider Serbia to be your country.
4) If you do not have permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia and belong to the Serbian people, you may be admitted to Serbian citizenship, without having been released from an alien citizenship. All you need is to have turned 18 years of age, that you have not been deprived of your business capacity, and that you present a statement in writing that you consider Serbia to be your country.
Visa for Serbia
General visa requirements:
• Valid passport – It must be valid not less than 90 days from grant date of visa,
• Invitation letter:
For a private visit – invitation letter that is certified by the appropriate authority of Serbia,
For a business visit – invitation letter by a company in the Republic of Serbia,
For a tourist trip – a proof of payment for the trip granted by a travel agency.
• Completed visa application form,
• Photo sized 3.5×4.5cm,
• Return ticket or Itinerary,
• Proof of sufficient means to stay in the Republic of Serbia,
• Health insurance,
• Visa fee.
Types of Visa
A visa – Airport transit visa,
B visa – Transit visa,
C visa – Short stay visa,
D visa – Temporary residence visa.
A short stay visa is issued for purposes of business tourism, and other travel for entries into Serbia. With this type of visa the duration of a continuous stay or the total duration of consecutive visits of an alien should not be more than 90 days within a period of 6 months from the day of the first entry.